TestRail’s API can be used to integrate TestRail with various tools, frameworks and third-party applications. For example, many customers use the API to integrate their automated tests and submit test results to TestRail. The API can be used for various other tasks as well and you can find a small list of examples below.
The API is HTTP-based and can thus be used from virtually any framework, programming language and tool. Submitting data to TestRail via the API is done via simple
POST requests. Requesting data is done through
GET requests. All requests and responses use the JSON format and UTF-8 encoding.
Some typical scenarios the API can be used for:
- Submit test results from automated tests
- Migrate test cases from legacy systems
- Synchronize test cases between different systems
- Create test runs and plans programmatically
- Query information for integrations