TestRail User Guide
The TestRail User Guide helps you get started with TestRail and explains various common test case management tasks for new users.
- Introduction to TestRail (recommended)
- Billing and account management
- Usage tips & tricks (recommended)
- Using test run filters
- Adding users to your TestRail instance
- Editor formatting reference
- Configuring custom fields
- Configuring separate test Steps and test runs
- Custom Logo
- Editing test results
- Importing test cases and sections (Excel/CSV)
- Importing test cases and sections (XML)
- Keyboard shortcuts & hotkeys
- Managing user permissions and roles
- Managing users and security
- Moving, Copying & Deleting Test Cases
Enterprise User Guide
- Audit logging
- Configurable backup time & restoration
- Configure single sign-on (SSO)
- Email Customization
- Project Level Administration
More advanced topics, including administrative tasks, setting up the integration with third-party tools, or various additional customization options can be found below.
- TestRail server: The TestRail Server manual explains TestRail’s server requirements, contains instructions on how to install the product on your server, and helps with troubleshooting common installation and server issues.
- TestRail integration: Learn about integrating TestRail with defect and issue tracking tools, requirement management, or Wiki software and how to implement single sign-on against Active Directory servers and other third-party systems.
- TestRail customizations and extensions: Learn about customizing TestRail. This includes adjusting TestRail’s user interface with UI Scripts, adding additional languages and translations as well as developing custom reports and statistics.
- TestRail API reference: Learn how to access and use TestRail’s API to integrate automated testing frameworks, submit test results, and automate various other aspects of TestRail via simple HTTP requests.